Bug fix, Bug Tracker
Release (version 0.64-5) of jGameBase has been released.
- C64lite is now based on Gamebase64 V14
- database export to MS Access (*.mdb) was broken
Bug fix, Bug Tracker
Release (version 0.64-4) of jGameBase has been released.
- compiled with target 1.6 so that JRE 1.6 can run the class files again
- the bug tracker on the sourceforge project site has been reenabled
Release (version 0.64-3) of jGameBase has been released.
CLI improvement, Bug fixes
Release (version 0.64-1) of jGameBase has been released.
- adding a database name and an item id to the command line will launch the specified item
e.g. "jgamebase c64lite G726" will start "Benji - Space Rescue" and
"jgamebase c64lite M20544" will play "Another One Bites the Dust"
Thanks to Jim Torelli!
- games spanning multiple disks are extracted correctly
- fixed a problem with scaled down animations
GUI improvements, URL handling, Bug fixes
Release (version 0.63-1) of jGameBase has been released.
- overlays have versions
- system views are now saved to the database
- loading of images is stopped, if a new item is selected
- scaling animations
- icons with overlays for url extras
- context menus for extra buttons
- side pane slider positions remembered
- selected item remembered
- table columns remembered
- category windows position remembered
- screenshots: left click external, right click internal viewer
- item id displayed in status line
- marked extra displayed in status line
- preference to limit the number of extra images shown
- music details loaded from music file
- extract additional media
- download of url extras
- rudimentary ADF plugin
- memory usage optimized / use client JVM
- reorganize database after import
- remove duplicate urls
- remove orphaned extras from database
- workaround for memory leak on OS X with java 1.6.0_29
- views get sorted after adding new view
Pop up menu, mass import, Bug fixes
Release (version 0.50-3) of jGameBase has been released.
- Handling of URLs
- Popup menu
- Simple mass import
- Automatic creation of screenshots
- "Manage" entry in "Play Game" and "Play Music" buttons
- Hang loading screenshots
- Problems while choosing a music file
Documentation, Bug fixes
Release (version 0.50-2) of jGameBase has been released.
- New documentation and homepage
- Accept "apple" as java vendor
- Fixed a problem where the categories window got stuck
- Fixed various display related bugs
Debian-Packages, JDK7, Bug fixes
A new release (version 0.50-1) of jGameBase has been released.
- Release a debian package
- Write messages to a log file
- Made jGameBase jdk7 compatible
- Splash screen and main window show version
- Preliminary support for MS Windows
- Fixed a problem loading bmp images
- Database icon and splash can be image type other than gif
- Database icon and splash will be searched for if not found
Support for GB1.3 Databases, new GUI
A new release (version 0.50) of jGameBase has been released.
- Scaling screenshots
- Support for animations
- Extras icon row
- Included Java C64 emulator JSwingC64 and SID emulator JSidplay
- New DB schema (compatible with gamebase 1.3)
- Automatic upgrade of database format
- Import is now done via jackcess (all java access import) instead of via the external mdb-tools
- Access export
- Overlays are zipped changes to GameBase databases that are automatically extracted (e.g. scripts etc.)
- Fixed adult filter
A stable release (version 0.46) of jGameBase has been released.
- Size of edit emulator window corrected
- Emulator script would be called with a doubled path
- Files with wrong case were not found
- Some existing files would not be found due to trailing spaces
Second Release Candidate Released
The second release candidate (version 0.45) of jGameBase has been released.
- Added second import (fallback) method, so that Access databases with inconsistencies can be imported (e.g. GameBase Amiga 1.6)
- Plugins didn't get loaded when started from jar
- Fixed NullPointerException with ViewFilters
- Fixed NullPointerException while selecting game file
- Additional Extras got created in wrong path
- Re-wrote the database toolbox: now you can import Access databases step by step
- Separated jGameBase and demo databases
- When no database was found a web browser with the download location of jGameBase databases will be opened
- jGameBase version management has been simplified
First Release Candidate Released
The first release candidate (version 0.44) of jGameBase has been released.
- Database hang fixed
- The jToolbox is no longer needed
- File System Hierarchy Standard (FHS)
- You can now specify multiple paths for all objects
- Default paths
- Support for RAR and 7Zip compressed files.
Third Public Beta Released
The third public beta (version 0.38) of jGameBase has been released.
After a longer time this release has nearly the functionality of GameBase. There are still more bugs, but we are getting close.
Second Public Beta Released
The second public beta (version 0.27) of jGameBase has been released.
This release is approaching the functionality of GameBase, but has way more bugs ;-).
First Public Beta Released
The first public beta (version 0.06) of jGameBase has been released.
Basic functionality is working, but compared to GameBase many things are missing.